Friday, April 16, 2010

WHO -Regular Writers Page #2

kgirl

Kylie Robson
1970-
Melbourne

I'm a mum to one hellava gorgeous 11yo girl, and I knit with addiction! I also play roller derby with the newly formed South Sea Roller Derby league, and I'm also a coach and Media Rep, so it keeps me busy beyond belief. I studied Fine Art in my 20's and though I rarely get to work on my own practice any more, I still love going to exhibitions, especially of emerging artists. Music is my lifeblood, the constant thread running through my day, and I couldn't live without 3RRR.


Q1.The name of my blog
kgirlknits Come say "hi"!


Q2. What's your craft poison?
knitting is my poison pleasure. Others have tried, but old habits die-hard


Q3. Two books you can't live without
Jitterbug Perfume - Tom Robbins, and Life of Pi - Yann Martel. Both changed and inspired me at critical points along this life-path

Q4. Two CD's that would travel to a desert island with you
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - B-sides& Rarities, and Lucinda Williams - Car wheels on a Gravel Road should cover all moods

Q5. Where you like to SURF on the net
Ravelry is my favourite surf-break cos I can spend hours being taken on new tangents craft-wise and find inspiration every single visit.


Q6 5 things you can't live without
My daughter - the beautiful Lily-girl; my knitting, natch; my skates are almost permanently attached to my feet too, music is ever-present - 3RRR is my soul, and yoga puts that crazy, hectic mess above all into a grounded perspective!


Q7 One thing you love about mixtape
Of course, my editor is #1 ;) but I also love that I have been involved since the first issue and have watched this gem of an amazing idea grow and grow into the fantastic publication it is today. I love that it brings together all types of people and ideas, and that there is something for everyone in each and every issue.