Tuesday, September 22, 2009

love


I went to see 500 Days of Summer all by my-self the other day! By the time I wait for someone to come with me to a movie - it's usually about to come out on dvd. Anyhow I went in with my small popcorn and lemonade and I laughed and cried for the next 1 & 1/2 hours.

You know the saying some people come into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime? Well that's what hit home with me. Everyone that crosses my path leaves a mark - no matter how long or short the stay.

I loved it! It was awkward, cute, quirky and the music references made me smile (I LOVE THE SMITHS). I'm a big fan of Ms Zooey Deschanel, don't get me wrong BUT she does play the aloof kinda arrogant girl very well....

Great soundtrack - The Smiths, The Pixies and of course Zooey (She & Him).

See the trailer here

*******


I didn't make it to the launch last night for Gemma, Nat, Miikel and Eamo's look at the fading history of the milkbar, laundromat and urban beauty. We will make a trip out to see it REAL soon. I so loved that they had 20c lollies and sunnyboys! Classic.