Monday, June 15, 2009

whip up round up JUNE 09 (A)



If you have been following me on twitter this past week [@whipup] you will know already
that I was interstate for work last week and my family joined me for
the long weekend, and when we returned we were quarantined just for
going interstate to a city with a high swine flu count. So the kids
and I have had a marvelous week of sort of homeschooling - Otilija has
learned to knit, Orlando has been speed reading Captain Underpants and
Roald Dahl books, they have both made a whole bunch of paddle pop and
toilet roll puppet characters and practiced a complicated dialogue for
these guys. We baked, we sewed, and we even did some cleaning up. Its
been a very relaxed week without rushing, without deadlines and
without any yelling at all.

Here is the lowdown of the good stuff from this past week at whipup:

I reviewed a fantastic book this week - felt furnishings - read the
review
: midnightsky
fibers giveaway
was a popular - winners will be contacted later in
the week - thank you all for entering : I am in love with the Barn Quilts
movement
: read my lowdown on making soap at
home
: 4 fun free knitted and crocheted toy
patterns
: these sewn love
notes
are adorable : and making neck ties
for my man is definitely on my to do list : so impressed with the crochet yo-yo
afghan
: and I reviewed retro
crafts here
.

kids stuff: activity
books
: playdough boredom
buster
: I really like the shower
curtain playmat
: make your own coloring
books
.

Fun stuff: owl
softie - so cute
: pompom
flowers
- stylish and fun : another
owlie
: knit don the dillo :
knit and felt this funny bunny.

Sewing: sewing
machine cover
: this
quilt
is really very sweet : all about sewing
feet
: recycled baby soakers
: how to make a values
quilt
: box
pleat apron
is pretty darn good : and the half
yard bag
is clever and cute.

Kids are off to soccer this cold cold morning - while I stay in and
catch up on some me time.

Did you miss last weeks roundup? get them all here
or subscribe to this weekly newsletter via email here
- if you already subscribe why not forward this email to a crafty
friend you think may enjoy it.

Get the whole blogging tips series here.

Follow us on twitter: whipup:
@whipup
and Nicole: @craftapalooza

Ps. feel free to send in letters, ideas and links to whipup[at]gmail.com]