Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Issue 9 - FUNdraising article


Kristy wrote an article for the current issue of mixtape, issue 9 about the importance of fundraising and community.
Inspired by the article I am making 2 quilts for the 4 y/o groups at our little girls kinder. The groups are Yellow and Purple. The divine Nikki M put me onto printable fabric a few weeks ago and I just knew in the back of my mind that "one day" I would find a good use for it! Well I have!
This is the start - I got all 24 kids in the yellow group to draw a happy face. I came home and scanned them all, Sime popped them into indesign and shrunk them to fit and then I printed the images out on my trusty inkjet printer and this is what I got!


There will be 7 rows like this, I will keep you up to date with the progress!
Yellow fabric ALL from amitie, where else??!!