Thursday, May 21, 2009

mixtape mashup #10 MAY 09(C)


mixtape and Whipup's joint venture, we both share our ideas, cool links and general goings on.

Issue 9 is being printed as I write this. I am expecting it in my hot little hands by the middle of next week. We did a press check this morning and I got to look around the printers building - fascinating stuff!

I popped into magnation in chapel st and they still have copies of Issue 8 should you be after one!

*The Emerging Writers Festival opens today.

* A copy of World Sweet World was sent my way, have you seen it? It comes out of NZ and is kind of like a readymade/craft eco happy DIY number. It is a husband and wife team. I will be subscribing.


* Got Gracia and Louise's new zines also this week. SWEET and made with love.

* I've personally been doing a lot of hand stitching this week and I'd like to share one of my favourite quilters hands down Crazy Mom Quilts - her tutorials are so well written and easy to follow.

* I came across Fancy Tiger this week via Handmade Nation. Looks like my kind of shop.
Now that brings me to the question for the week!
What is your favourite fabric/craft shop and why? Every comment will go in the draw to win a copy of Issue 9, winner announced Monday May 25!
Come on, come on tell us!! Mine is amitie (surprise,surprise) and I adore purl soho.


* mixtape giveaway monday begins next week.
We will run a competition each week from Monday-Friday - winners notified on the Saturday of each week. Subscribe to our blog so you can be reminded :)