Monday, March 16, 2009

mixtape mashup #2


mixtape has just embarked on a joint venture with Whipup. We will both be sharing our ideas, cool links and general goings on.
My aim is to post once a week on a Sunday and give you a "round up" of the week that has been. The post will be put up here on the mixtape blog and also on the Whipup blog.


Shoot! I am a day late with my post. Please forgive me as I have spent the past FIVE days at the Melbourne Showgrounds as part of the Stitches & Craft show in the incubator section. What a whirlwind. I got to hang out with the most excellent bunch of creative, inspiring artists and crafters. I got to meet readers, retailers and by far my most favorite Faythe Levine. Handmade Nation made it's debut at the Stitches & Craft Show. I can't say enough good about the movie, I cried I loved it so much. Ms Levine is a kindred spirit and it is definitely the highlight of my year so far meeting her and seeing the movie. You may have to wait until it comes out on DVD to see it now but in the meantime you can buy the book which is FANTASTIC ALSO!

I am still coming down off the high of the past week. I have a lot of paper work to catch up on and lots of emails to attend to.
mixtape will be at the Stitches & Craft show in Brisbane April 29 - May 3 and we look forward to meeting and hanging out with the brisstyle chicks! and all who care to come and say hello!!

One of the fun things I did at the Melbourne show was write on the "Post A Craft Secret" wall. I wrote, "I pretty much never finish anything I start"!!! Yep it's true. Do you have a Craft Secret? Do tell.

Check out my S&C shots here. The displays were beautiful and the vision for the new look show is second to none.

5 blogs worth a look:
Ric Rac
Kelani Fabric
Bust Magazine
Red Seed Studio
Crazy Mom Quilts

It's a short and sweet post, much more next week.
Justine