Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photobucket

(post taken from my personal blog)
...So much is being written about the devastating fires we have in Victoria at the moment.
I don't know anyone personally that has been affected by them but I do feel stunned by the enormity of it all. The lives lost, the homes and lively hoods, the towns wiped out the list goes on and on and on.
I feel like a zombie walking around at the moment. It's times likes these when we see real humanity, people pulling resources and working together for the greater good. It makes me want to cry.
So many people are posting about how to help, click over here for a detailed list.
My family and I are personally donating our little lady's first 4 years of clothing to a family that have a 6 month old and lost EVERYTHING to the flames. I am also going to give blood. It doesn't seem like enough but it's something.