Thursday, December 18, 2008

4x4 #4 Suzie Fry

Those of you who have the first two issues of mixtape would have seen and read my 4x4 interviews.
I really like reading about creative souls, so we have decided to make it a regular blog post.
Sooz is an amazing woman in my opinion. I met her at our first ever blog meet in 2006. Her softies, knitting and writing are inspiring. She has a fabulous sense of humor and we are honoured that she is also a regular contributor for mixtapezine


1. What is the name of your blog, and how did you come up with it?
soozs big adventure. I started the blog just before going to live in Thailand for six months and the blog was going to be my way to tell all our friends and family about our big adventure. Little did I know that the blog would become its own adventure!

2. FOUR random songs on your ipod -
simply beautiful by Al Green, here to there (from the soundtrack to the piano) by Michael Nyman, kung fu fighting by carl douglas, cumbanchero by rafael canchola hernandez

3. FOUR favorite books/movies -
the slap by Christos Tsiolkas (what I will be reading at the beach after chrissy), genome by Matt Ridley (really influenced my thinking about genetics - in a good way!), the end of equality by Anne Summers (every woman in Australia should read it), the time traveller's wife by Audrey Niffenegger (a gripping and really human read)

4. FOUR things you can't live without -
the family (like, der), the pashmina wrap my partner gave me when I was pregnant, quarterly craft retreats, my stash

**extra** somewhere on the web we must visit NOW! ...........
passive/aggressive notes because it really makes you think deeply about the dilemmas and inherent awkwardness of community and relationships both superficial and intimate. Nah, just kidding, I love because it's a total pisser.

Sooz thanks for your time, you are ace!