Sunday, April 25, 2010

WHO -Regular Writers Page #4

Megan:
I love to write, to take photos, and to make things.  I have little idea of what I am doing in any of these three endeavours, but whatever paths my life has taken me down, I have always come back to writing, taking photos and making things.

megan

Q1.The name of my blog
www.thescentofwater.typepad.com

Q2. What's you craft poison
This changes depending on mood, but knitting and quilting remain my two big loves.

Q3. Two books you can't live without

Just two?  That’s painful, and would probably be a different two depending on which day I answered it.  Today it would be Foods That Fight Cancer by Richard Beliveau and Denis Gingras, which is admittedly a seriously odd choice, particularly given that I neither have cancer nor am a food scientist.  Nevertheless I just love the idea of food as medicine and never get sick of re-reading this book.  My second choice would be a big fat poetry anthology.   Any would do.
 
Q4. Two CD's that would travel to a desert island with you

My new Natalie Merchant CD, Leave Your Sleep.  She has put 19th century poetry to music and I just love it.  The second would be a mixtape of my favourite angst-ridden ballads, all written in a minor key.  I like my music sad.  I have no idea why.

Q5. Where you like to SURF on the net

Everywhere.  I am a very well travelled surfer.  I keep coming back to see what new lectures are on the TED site every few weeks or so, and the haunt the edges of Flickr, but otherwise I just travel where the waves take me.

Q6 5 things you can't live without
Tea, books, tea, tomatoes, and tea.

Q7  One thing you love about mixtape
Watching this magazine grow over the last few years has been so amazing.  It’s all great, and I have a special love for the concept of ‘ordinary’ people coming together to share their wisdom and creativity with each other.  The covers always rock too.