Monday, December 28, 2009

All things Quiet on the homefront

aurora 51/2 months old

A bit of double action posting happening here today. Things have been very quiet in my world, especially now Issue 12 (OUT FEB 2010) has gone off to my Sister in-law to be proofed. Man! everyone did a ripper job of sticking to deadlines. I am also trying to get the KIDS ISSUE (aimed at parents and carers) wrapped up by the end of Jan as well. I am about 22 weeks pregnant at the moment and have gone into major nesting mode (other than when I am sleeping- which is a hell of alot!). That means being super organised with the 2 issues out prior to babies arrival (April 30).

I am currently on home holiday at the moment - no working (other than posting orders) and sewing/quilting as much as possible (and not feeling guilty), finishing off WIP's and trying not to start anything new. Catching up with friends and just trying to relax.

A BIG thanks to each and everyone who is part of the mixtape family. That includes the contributors, readers, stockists, believers and supporters. I have had an absolute ball with the zine particularly this year. Travelling to Sydney & Brisbane for the Stitches & Craft Shows and also in my home town of Melbourne. Meeting Faythe Levine of Handmade Nation fame, working with RRR and doing the "Henry Doll" project, starting the Bizness Babes course and meeting wonderful women who are all on the same path. Picking up new stockists each issue and reading all the cool things peeps say about mixtape.

I am always up for suggestions - this is a community mag so feel free to send me an email anytime!

Happy New Year to all - we are on holidays until the end of Jan BUT I will still be doing mail runs each week.

Cheers
Justine