Monday, October 12, 2009

This week the intern thinks you should look/eat/try/buy/have....



Semi Permanent
: The design conference Semi Permanent was on over the weekend. Tara McPherson spoke at it and I’m totally mesmerized by her beautiful and creative illustrations.

Noodles: Scoffed down some noodles from Yen Sushi Noodle in Centre Place (Melbourne City). Best noodles I've had since forever! Yummy yummy for my tummy! Crazy fact: my partner went to high school with the nephew of the guy who designed the noodle boxes.



Room Service: Went to the exhibition opening of Room Service, which is still on above the Carlton Hotel, Bourke Street. My favorite artist was Denny and his ‘Dark Room’. Denny is a truly beautiful and technically proficient photographer.



The Thread Room: The Thread Room has shut up shop front and moved online (tear). I’m buying all my thready and woolly bits from the online shop now. I go crazy over the wool tops and silk tops!

Peripheral: an exhibition at the RMIT Project Space. The exhibition includes Daniel Armstrong (an ex lecturer) who work is particularly exploratory and insightful. Open till the 16th Oct at 23-27 Cardigan Street Carlton.




Big love. xxx