Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gratitiude


If I don't have gratitude, I don't have nothin'.

Monday morning kinder drop off and time to clean the house from the week-end madness.
I decided to conquer the task of matching up cd covers with their discs and found a cd that made me cry. Cry with gratitude.
A very, very good friend of ours lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago, she was only 37. She knew she was dying and decided to make a cd of her life to be handed out at the wake.
It's a beautiful mix - fun, loving, happy and upbeat just like she was. It got me thinking about the things that get me down - the little trivial shitty things that in the scheme of things DON'T MATTER ONE BIT. So after listening to the cd and having a good cry I have decided to have an attitude of gratitude as often as possible, celebrate life and the people I choose to share it with. Thanks to everyone who crosses my path - what a wild ride life is hey?

Turn, Turn, Tun - The Byrds
To everything (turn, turn, turn) There is a season (turn, turn, turn) And a time for every purpose, under heaven A time to be born, a time to die A time to plant, a time to reap A time to kill, a time to heal A time to laugh, a time to weep To everything (turn, turn, turn) There is a season (turn, turn, turn) And a time for every purpose, under heaven A time to build up,a time to break down A time to dance, a time to mourn A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together...