Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This little Intern went to market...

It’s been a while hey?

I've missed blogging and have t
hought about it every day, everything in my life is now a potential blog, I feel like my life has a constant blog style narration to it. I’ve been in Sydney and computers with a good Internet connections have been few and far between, in fact in hostels they are extremely rare, like a Northern Hairy-nosed Wombat. I went to an environmental youth conference while in Sydney, but I’ll tell you about that later on in the week.


So, last week I spoke to the lovely Anna from Able and Game, who make gorgeous cards. I gave the ‘I’d go to zone two for you’ card to a friend who lives near Frankston , hilarious! These cards remind me of lots of different people in my life, and make me feel like sending them some love, in card form, for no reason. Which is good, because this world needs a whole lot more of no strings attached love floating around. Plus they are extremely witty, have that personalised touch, and are extremely cute.



So here are the questions and answers...

What is your business name? Able and Game

How long has your business existed for?
Since February 2009

What do you make? Quirky Greeting Cards

How many Markets have you set up stall at? At the moment we do Rose Street in Melbourne every Saturday, but it will be soon opening on a Sunday as well.

What got you stared on the Market circuit?
I was doing the market with my accessory label Anna Laura, my first one was Rose Street way back in January 2007. I thought it would be a good way to meet customers face to face and to get a reaction to the products.

Do you have a day job? I work full time on the Able and Game label.

What Makes your stall and the items in it special?
What makes our markets special is our products appeal to different genders and age groups.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Things that happen in day-to-day life, things I see on the television, things that friends have done, words that get stuck in my head. Something my boyfriend might have said, something I might have said to him, and I realised it would work on a card. Anything and everything, I love getting inspiration and then thinking how will that work in a card. When you get it spot on it is really a great feeling.

Is it inspiring to see other stalls of creative goods? Yes, I wish I had more money so I could buy it all. I love looking at all the beautiful products on offer at Rose Street.




So this week I’m sending you all lots of no strings attached love. You don’t have to return it just send it on to some one else who needs it in your life.


Love from the Intern. xxx