Saturday, April 18, 2009

mixtape mashup #6



mixtape and Whipup's joint venture, we both share our ideas, cool links and general goings on.
My aim is to post once a week and give you a "round up" of the week that has been. The post will be put up on the mixtape blog and also on the Whipup blog.
What is mixtape? click here to find out

It's a short and sweet post this week. Last week-end we spent four days down the coast with our ace friends R&K. This week I am easing back into the chair and slowly sifting though paperwork and inspirational blogs. I didn't take my laptop on holiday and it felt good! Now if I could only find the balance of computer time & housework...

Yesterday mixtape was at the Sisters Market here in Melbourne where I got to meet new readers and have a nice amount of peeps stop by to wish me a Happy Birthday. I felt very special! Now this leads me to the announcement that Issue 8 has SOLD OUT!!
We have 200 to sell at the Brisbane Stitches & Craft Show (29 April - 3 May 2009)
If we have any left after that I will put them back into the shop.

Issue 9 is now up for pre-sale here.
We have cover artist covered for Issue 10,11 &12. Would you like to design a cover for us? Write to me at mixtapezineATgmailDOTcom and we'll go from there.

Things that have crossed my path this week that have made a mark:

PRINT:
Finally the Divided Heart! I will be interviewing Rachel in an upcoming issue of mixtape.
Seams to Me - the lady with as many kids as my Fi!
and my new bestie Peppermint Mag (love, love, love) - stay tuned for news on us and them.
MUSIC:
Johnny Cash's Childrens album has been getting a work out, as has She&Him.
My man is off to Cherry Rock today and we both looooove Peter Pan Speedrock

SCREEN:
The Gruen Transfer ( oh Todd you are ace)
The History of Australian Surfing

Lot more to tell, more next week!

Cheers
Justine
Editor/Publisher
mixtapezine