Thursday, March 13, 2008

Regular contributors profile #1

Shannon aka auntycookie
We met Shannon in "real life" at the very first blog meet Nic and I organised. That was way back early 2007. She is one very funny lady! I totally get her sense of humor and I love how it shines through in her illustrations.
When we decided to really get our little idea for a zine up and running it was a no brainer to ask Shannon if she would design our cover. We both already owned comissioned drawings. We briefed her for Issue 1 by saying it would be great to have the two of us and our girls on the cover, this was the end result:

Nic and I both have an A3 size blowup of this image, and it's something Nic and I will both cherish forever.

Shannon has gone on to become a regular contributor drawing her Making time for small things images for each issue. Coming up for issue 4 is my favorite yet Making time for small things: rockin' out!

When she is not running a household, juggling 2 kids or drawing she is designing fabric!
Frick'n Wonder woman I'm thinking........